:: Re: [Dng] rumors on RMS about syste…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] rumors on RMS about systemd at libreplanet
On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 04:47:32PM -0700, Go Linux wrote:

> A link to Revolution OS was recently posted on irc. I had never
> seen it before. It seems that the cycle has come full circle and now
> Devuan is going back to the future and reinventing the wheel all over
> again. Only this time the escape isn't from MS or Apple. It is from
> the enemy within. If history teaches us anything it is that nothing
> lasts for long and that freedom has to be continuously reclaimed from
> those who profit from control of ideas, goods and services. I see
> Devuan returning to its roots as the future of Linux and cooperative
> freedom in the digital age . . . a light in the darkness . . .

I've had this feeling for a while, that even we who know our history
are doomed to repeat it. I've escaped from the clutches of DOS,
Windows, OS/2 to Linux, transited through several commercial distros to
Debian, only to find I have to do it over again.

The difference this time, is that we have the source code, which is
what the previous revolution bought us.

-- hendrik