:: Re: [Dng] rumors on RMS about syste…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: Jaromil
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] rumors on RMS about systemd at libreplanet
On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 07:44:30PM +0100, Jaromil wrote:

[cut]

> I think this is unacceptable under so many ways... some of which I've
> tried to explain. I'm also !flabbergasted! to see the discussion averted
> into the AST for GCC debacle with a touch of RMS bashing. Either someone
> is really missing the point of what is happening here, or really doesn't
> wants us to acknowledge that a Debian leader and OSI board member is
> acting this way, which I keep perceiving as bullying not only against an
> elderly member of our communities, but against anyone concerned.

Dear Jaromil,

the problem is not (just) of bad leaders but of the people who have
chosen them as leaders, and silently hailed to their wills just
because they were...err...the leaders...

You are definitely right: it's unbelievable that one of the most
renowkn Debian and OSI member reacts to such an innocent question like
Zacchiroli did, but this unfortunately tells a lot about the current
state of the Linux community. And also the silent inglobation of the
systemd-nonsense by all distros, just "for the better of the users" is
another sign that something has gone terribly wrong.

I think we can't do that much, if not pointing out clearly that this
is not the community we dreamed of and we lived in until a couple of
years ago. And put all efforts in providing users with a credible
alternative. I have started believing that the mission of Devuan is
not just that of putting together a systemd-nonsense-free GNU/Linux
distribution, but more importantly to show that the community is still
holding tight on some founding concepts, despite some of the "leaders"
are pointing in a completely different direction. Succeding on this
front will be the ultimate win, not just for Devuan, but for the
community itself.

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]