Til: Nuno Magalhães
CC: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] rumors on RMS about systemd at libreplanet
On Mon, 23 Mar 2015, Nuno Magalhães wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 6:59 PM, Mark R. White <whitemr@???>
> wrote:
> >
> > Just to be clear: I've seen a lot of cross talk about the
> > possibility of systemd being put into Devuan via a sandbox or even
> > having the systemd API written in. Is it safe to assume that going
> > forward that there will be no systemd in Devuan? Because if there
> > is, I'm in the wrong place.
>
> +1

I am aware of the discussions, but I haven't followed them in detail
because of lack of time.

I can only repeat what we always wrote: we struggle to have no systemd
at all in Devuan, with the implied advantages of better compatibility
with BSD userspace, possibility to keep around uclibc, Hurd etc.

If we have Systemd in the alpha release cycle is just because of a few
desktop requirements and mostly the fact that udev now is incorporated
in systemd (that's why vdev is very important to us).

In the alpha releases there is *no systemd daemon running* so this is a
first goal achieved. The systemd package is there and may stick around
for a while until vdev is in good shape.

ciao