:: Re: [Dng] rumors on RMS about syste…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Martijn Dekkers
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] rumors on RMS about systemd at libreplanet
> https://lwn.net/Articles/629259/ covers the most recent flare-up when
> somebody wanted to make the AST of GCC accessible.
>
> > This is not the first post in which this spamgourmet account is
> > spreading FUD. We may need to react to this beyond argumenting.
>
> I don't see anything I said on this list to be related to be spreading
> Fear, Uncertainty or Doubt.

Wow, I am really surprised by this turn of events. It appears to me, from
reading the LWN link as well as the links within the LWN article, that
devuan.kn actually has a solid point. I cannot speak for the other stuff
that he(she?) mentions but this GCC/hairball statement appears at the very
least highly plausible, and certainly not reason for expulsion.

This isn't the first time we have scared away new/potential community
members because they didn't subscribe to the "One Correct Truth", or even
simple miscommunication/language barriers, or where new members were picked
for "excommunication" both off-list as well as on-list. At that time I
dropped my list involvement significantly, moving to more of a lurker
instead of being a participator.

Whilst I really believe in the goals and technical directions behind
Devuan, I am increasingly uncomfortable with the evolution of the social
environment. Personally, I am a great believer in live and let live. It is
starting to feel like the Manor Farm around here....