:: Re: [Dng] Puppy Linux-related thoug…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Robert Storey
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] Puppy Linux-related thoughts
Puppy Linux is interesting. I used it for awhile and liked that it was
fast, and fun. A bit lacking in software, but with the Slacko packages you
can make it better. My main concern about it was that it logs you in as
root (without even a password). A lot of people have expressed concern
about this apparent security hole, but Puppyistas are insistent that it's
no problem. I remain somewhat sceptical. Anyway, kudos to the developers
for remaining systemd-free. On the other hand, I just took a look at their
forum, and I was dismayed to see several posts by users practically
demanding that systemd be brought into Puppy. Hopefully, the developers
will resist the urge to surrender.

Wolfgang Pirker wrote:
> There is also AntiX. The main developer behind it seems also not to be
> happy about how Debian Jessie users are forced to use SystemD:
> http://antix.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5280
>
>(if anyone is more interested about a AntiX (Jessie-based) release
> without SystemD - a Beta release:
> http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=08851 )

Wow! I'm familiar with AntiX, having used it long ago, but I hadn't
realized that the latest beta is Jessie-based and systemd-free. So now I
have to ask: Isn't that pretty much what we're doing here with Devuan?
Perhaps I should rephrase that: In what ways is AntiX different from
Devuan? And is there any possibility of collaborating with Anticapitalista
(the developer)?

cheers,
Robert