:: [Dng] Moderation: was rumors on RMS…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steve Litt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Παλιά Θέματα: Re: [Dng] rumors on RMS about systemd at libreplanet
Αντικείμενο: [Dng] Moderation: was rumors on RMS about systemd at libreplanet
On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 11:18:39 +0100
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> Actually, I'd be grateful if you, golinux and a few others can share
> the burden of keeping trolls away from the list, as now I'm quite
> convinced that if we go the moderation way we better do it full on
> and try to keep around only the posts that are worth reading.

I wonder if Don Armstrong is available for the moderation job.

Personally, I haven't seen enough BS on this list to necessitate any
kind of moderation, and I well remember the harm Debian did itself by
its agenda-based moderation of Debian-User.

What I'd recommend is that everybody do this: When you become convinced
that somebody is a [troll | fool | falseflagger | a$$ | headcase], pipe
him to /dev/null instead of arguing with him. And when a newbie argues
with him, a simple "don't feed the troll" should be sufficient.

You know what's worse than a multiplicity of trolls? Agenda based
moderation. And I don't think even Mother Theresa or Mahatma Gandhi
could moderate with complete fairness.

Just to get the ball rolling, here's how I handled it in procmail:

# "Stallman obfuscates gcc" devuan.kn@???
:0:
* ^List-Id:.*dng.lists.dyne.org
* ^From.*devuan.kn@???
$GARBAGE

If everyone votes with their filters, we won't need moderation.

SteveT