:: Re: [Dng] API: was (for who knows w…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: T.J. Duchene
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [Dng] API: was (for who knows what reason): Dng Digest, Vol 6, Issue 75, Devuan commitments - will trade-off be applied?
Sorry about that bad Subject line, gentlemen. I used Gmail's web interface last night and it totally screwed things up.

@Steve Litt, Numo, and Patrick:

Frankly everyone, without trying to be rude here - that is your prerogative whether you like or hate Gnome, systemd or whatever. I support your choice, but I personally don't care either way. =)

What I was referring to was a matter of programming in order to save time. That has nothing to do with personal predilections. You'll have to excuse me, but I'm not going to waste any more time comparing porting strategy on one hand versus personal feelings regarding systemd on the other. The two have absolutely nothing to do with each other. If any of you have some point of technical merit, that's fine, and I would be more than pleased to discuss it with anyone. The rest is just a waste of time.

Trapping systemd calls in a stub can and would save time porting software from Debian to Devuan in the future. It's as simple as that, and not an endorsement of systemd.

@Didier:
Having a stub is exactly what I was referring to, Didier. I really don't see what all the howling is about.

I agree about XFCE.

Laters all.
T.J.