著者: Joerg Reisenweber
To: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will trade-off be applied?
On Fri 20 March 2015 18:08:51 Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 10:09:20PM +0100, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> > for details on how all this works on apt level with the devuan overlay
> > over
> > debian, you rather ask nextime. My guess would be that all rogue stuff
> > like
> > systemd simply doesn't show up in devuan's packages.gz, and thus any
> > package depending on it would run into unmet dependencies when trying to
> > install it.
> For devuan overlay over debian, your "unmet dependencies" would be
> resolved from debian, resulting some systemd libraries (but, if they go
> on as at present, not systemd as init). You'd have to pin systemd at
> -1 to prevent this.

Just that AIUI that's not how the devuan setup works. It's implementing its
own concept of "overlay" based on devuan server rewriting the packages.gz and
redirecting package requests to debian repo via HTML response codes. The
debian repo shouldn't even show up in your local apt config.
Ahain: AIUI

/j