:: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will tra…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Anto
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng@lists.dyne.org
Uudet otsikot: [Dng] release date
Aihe: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will trade-off be applied?
Hello Everybody,

I know that Devuan is not even at the alpha release yet. So I don't have
any intention at all here, to ask the nasty question about the release
date. Everybody involved in Devuan development are already really busy,
so it is really evil to ask that.

Some questions came up in my mind on the first day I found Devuan. A few
minutes ago I have just tried to switch to Devuan repository. And those
questions came up again after I saw especially libsystemd0 and
init-system-helpers on the output below. That didn't actually surprise
me as I am quite sure that Devuan development is still in progress. So
this will happen until the initial release of Devuan. But I think I
still have to ask the questions.

Will Devuan be really free from systemd and its components? Or will
there be trade-off being applied so that some of systemd components will
be used in Devuan?

Kind regards,

Anto

root@v01:/# apt-get update
Hit http://apt.devuan.org jessie InRelease
Hit http://apt.devuan.org jessie/main i386 Packages
Ign http://apt.devuan.org jessie/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://apt.devuan.org jessie/main Translation-en
Reading package lists... Done
root@v01:/#
root@v01:/# apt-get -u dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... The following packages were automatically
installed and are no longer required:
libgd2-xpm libice6 libmagickcore5 libmagickwand5 libsm6 libxt6 x11-common
Done
init-system-helpers libapparmor1 libestr0 libfftw3-double3 libjson-c2
liblogging-stdlog0 liblognorm1 libmagickcore-6.q16-2
libmagickwand-6.q16-2 libsystemd0 libudev1 openssh-sftp-server
php5-json startpar
anacron at bsdutils consolekit cron dbus dmsetup dpkg dpkg-dev
initscripts libaccountsservice0 libck-connector0 libdbus-glib-1-2
libdevmapper1.02.1 libdpkg-perl libgnutls-deb0-28
libgnutls-openssl27 libpam-ck-connector libpolkit-gobject-1-0
logrotate openssh-client openssh-server php5-cli php5-common php5-fpm
php5-gd php5-imagick php5-sqlite rsyslog ssh sysv-rc
sysvinit sysvinit-utils udev uuid-runtime
35 upgraded, 14 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 19.6 MB of archives.
After this operation, 21.3 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.
root@v01:/#