:: Re: [Dng] vdev status updates
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jude Nelson
To: Joerg Reisenweber
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Betreff: Re: [Dng] vdev status updates
> How would that "watching" work?

vdevd-user would have an inotify(2)-based back-end (hopefully via
libkqueue, so it would be portable). The back-end would set up inotify
watches on /dev and its descendant directories, and translate creat(2) and
unlink(2) events from inotify into a vdev-specific device event with the
relevant information (e.g. by querying the device metadata that the
system's vdevd puts into /dev/vdev/...).

-Jude