:: Re: [unSYSTEM] introducing a new Di…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Devon Read
À: System undo crew
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] introducing a new Distributed App: ΛLΞXΛNDRIΛ
Alexander,

Happy to invite you, stoked you're so excited. Yes, it will be FOSS, but at
the moment our repositories are all private. Coders want a few more weeks
to pretty up their work before letting everyone critique it.

And yes, the intention is for there to be some DRM options for content
creators. amanda palmer wrote a great book where she argues that free stuff
along with the ability to tip is the best solution possible, and that it
will give artists better returns and a more healthy relationship with their
audience. i think she's probably right, but i know that many content
creators will only be willing to share more substantial work if people need
to buy it to get it. youtubers will likely see the immediate value of a
platform in which ads are not required to make some money for their work,
but feature film makers and many musicians will want to start out with what
they're used to. most of the music industry has moved away from DRM thank
goodness, and the simple existence of PopcornTime (and the fact that it
serves ~10m people per day) should be enough evidence that hollywood is
losing the "war on piracy" and that they should embrace new technology and
get over DRM, but i dont think it'll happen for a couple years still. but
again, any DRM features we add will simply be available for content
creators to employ, the default will always be free+tipping. All tipping
and other payment activities run through FLO inside the platform; more
demand leads to more volume which should result in a higher coin value
which should result in more mining power, so it's important to keep it this
way so that the security of the blockchain and the data in it increases
along with the use of the platform, but for the sake of ease of use, very
soon we'll be adding a mechanism to let users start from whatever crypto
they've got and run thru a super simple and quick exchange process (aiming
to use ShapeShift's APIs) to get FLO for all of their Alexandria
activities, as well as a process just as simple to exchange into any other
crypto on the other end.

Devon