著者: KatolaZ
To: Steve Litt
CC: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] Devuan foundational philosophy: was greets
On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:51:52AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 18:19:56 +0000
> KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
>

> > Devuan is the final name (at the moment! :P) and is really
> > happening. It is a fork of Debian with the clear intention of creating
> > and maintaining a Debian in which init freedom is guaranteed (which
> > initially will boil down to eradicate systemd and all its companions
> > from Debian).
>
> Hi KatolaZ,
>
> Naturally, my crystal ball is no better than anybody else's, but my
> prediction is that as time goes on, Devuan's intention will become a
> more generalized superset of init freedom. I'm predicting that in the
> long run, it will become DIY freedom, with emphasis on small, standard
> parts with known, thin interfaces.

Yes, but let's wait for the first stable release, and then we can
start talking about what for the moment are just "shadows of aliens",
as greatly summarised by hellekin ;)

Best

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]