:: [Dng] Devuan foundational philosoph…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Anciens-sujets: Re: [Dng] greets
Sujet: [Dng] Devuan foundational philosophy: was greets
On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 18:19:56 +0000
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> Devuan is the final name (at the moment! :P) and is really
> happening. It is a fork of Debian with the clear intention of creating
> and maintaining a Debian in which init freedom is guaranteed (which
> initially will boil down to eradicate systemd and all its companions
> from Debian).

Hi KatolaZ,

Naturally, my crystal ball is no better than anybody else's, but my
prediction is that as time goes on, Devuan's intention will become a
more generalized superset of init freedom. I'm predicting that in the
long run, it will become DIY freedom, with emphasis on small, standard
parts with known, thin interfaces.

Of course, systemd was the most glaring and urgent threat to DIY
freedom, so we need to purge that silliness immediately, but I think
we'll eventually go farther. As a matter of fact, my understanding is
our default DE will be Xfce, not Gnome: A fact that will doubtlessly
cause hand-wringing amongst those believing in the tightly-glued,
unified system.

SteveT