To: Go Linux
題目: Re: [Dng] greets
On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 11:13:49 -0700
Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:

>On Mon, 3/9/15, Christopher Barry <christopher.r.barry@???>
>wrote:
>
> Subject: [Dng] greets
> To: "fork-it" <dng@???>
> Date: Monday, March 9, 2015, 12:36 PM
>
>> Hey all,
>
>> I just joined this list to see how it was going, and to figure out
>> what this project is really all about. Is 'devuan' the final name, or
>> simply a placeholder?
>>
>> First, does the manifesto and constitution come with?
>>
>> Second, how many original Debian devs / maintainers are on board?
>>
>> Finally, who are the people currently running the show?
>>
>> (If there's a page that tells me all this, please post a link.)
>>
>>--
>> Regards,
>> Christopher Barry

>Welcome to the Devuan universe! I have been wanting to thank you for
>your 'Open letter to the Linux World' since I first read it last
>year. I have reread it many times, posted and emailed the link and
>even linked to it on my websites! It is the stuff of legend.

Thanks. heh, glad you liked it. Not sure everyone enjoyed it, but I
felt it had to be said. In many ways I'm pissed at myself now for being
apathetic, and assuming Debian would continue on as it had without my
input and energy. If Devuan is truly real, I hope to avoid that mistake
again.

>I will leave your questions to those more at the core of the project.
>But I would like to offer a few resources. Are you aware that an
>Alpha release for developers was announced a few days ago?
>
>https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20150307.011135.a710525c.en.html

kvm is not a supported vagrant provider. Seems a bit disingenuous to
develop a linux distro in a tool that does not support the native Linux
hypervisor, but literally all proprietary ones. I get that it may be
easy, but that's kind of like the slippery slope that lured devs to
systemd in the first place, no? Who would develop a Linux distro in
Windows or Mac? There's no need for a cross platform tool here.

>You might also want to check out Devuan's progress at
>https://git.devuan.org/

Is there a reason this git repo is not publicly viewable without a
login?

--
Regards,
Christopher Barry

Random geeky fortune:
Uh-oh!! I forgot to submit to COMPULSORY URINALYSIS!