著者: JeremyBekka C
To: dng
題目: [Dng] Devuan Alpha i386 - developers release series on Vagrant
------------------------------

>Message: 4
>Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 11:48:18 -0300
>From: hellekin <hellekin@???>
>To: dng@???
>Subject: Re: [Dng] Devuan Alpha i386 - developers release series on

        Vagrant

https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-project/wikis/try-devuan-on-vagrant>
<https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-project/wikis/try-devuan-on-vagrant>

>==
>hk

Thanks for the help. I followed the directions but something is not right.

I installed Rubygems from the Gentoo repository and then installed Vagrant
through Rubygems. When I installed Vagrant, I got a message that Rubygems
that they are not supporting Vagrant anymore. It said that I should
download the newest version of Vagrant from their website. It did install
and older version (Vagrant 1.5), but not a newer one. This is the message
that I get when ever I try and run Vagrant:

"Thanks for wanting to use Vagrant! Unfortunately, this is not the way
to install Vagrant anymore. We now make installers for the various operating
systems Vagrant supports.

Vagrant is no longer distributed as a RubyGem. Please download the latest
version for your operating system from the URL below. If you still wish
to use the RubyGem version, you can manually install version 1.0.7. Note
that
the RubyGem version hasn't been updated in over a year and will no longer
receive any updates.

Prior to installing Vagrant using the installer, make sure you uninstall
all your Vagrant gems, since they sometimes conflict.

http://www.vagrantup.com

If you want to learn more about why we don't distribute using RubyGems
anymore, please read this: http://mitchellh.com/abandoning-rubygems"

So, after I installed Vagrant 1.5 through Rubygems, I created the Vagrant
directory and then ran this command from inside the the new Directory:

vagrant init jaromil/devuan-alpha-i386.

If I run that command as root I get the following message:

bash: vagrant: command not found.

If I run that command as normal user then I get the previous message
that tells me that
Vagrant is no longer supported through Rubygems.

Sorry for all the trouble. I am trying to follow the directions given
but not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Jeremy