:: Re: [Dng] with pax flags, Java work…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Gravis
À: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [Dng] with pax flags, Java works fine - (was Hardened Devuan)
> Wouldn't this hit every program that does JIT compilation?

yes. the good news is that not a lot of programs use it because it's
a temperamental and architecture dependant technology.

> Or is execution from writable memory different?

JIT is one use of executing writable memory. the basic problem is
that programs that do this can obscure their true intent from our dumb
static program analyzers. therefore, you either have to true the
program or use an interpretation engine rather than a JIT
compiler/dynamic recompiler. since it's a speed hack, you will find
it in performant programs and since it obfuscates, you will find it in
malware.

- Gravis