著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] Devuan Alpha i386 - developers release series on Vagrant
On Sat, 7 Mar 2015 02:11:35 +0100
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is the initial release of the Alpha series, base-system stripped
> at minimum and distributed in Vagrant format (virtualbox provider),
> to make the life of developers working on core components as vdev
> easier.
>
> Vagrant is a very cool tool, check it out http://vagrantup.com
>
> I'll distribute new releases of the Devuan Alpha cycle virtual machine
> via Vagrant and Atlas. This is version 0.1 and can be tested on any PC
> running any operating system.
>
> To have this image running, install the latest Vagrant - not the one
> from your package manager, but the updated version from the vagrant
> website download section - then type into a terminal:
>
> mkdir ~/vagrant && cd ~/vagrant
>
> vagrant init jaromil/devuan-alpha-i386
>
> vagrant up

I follow the preceding instructions on my wheezy machine (I'm never
upgrading to jessie), and here's what happens:

slitt@mydesq2:~/vagrant$ vagrant up
VirtualBox is complaining that the installation is incomplete. Please
run `VBoxManage --version` to see the error message which should contain
instructions on how to fix this error.
slitt@mydesq2:~/vagrant$ VBoxManage --version
WARNING: The character device /dev/vboxdrv does not exist.
     Please install the virtualbox-ose-dkms package and the
appropriate headers, most likely linux-headers-amd64.

     You will not be able to start VMs until this problem is fixed.
4.1.18_Debianr78361
slitt@mydesq2:~/vagrant$

I installed Vagrant from the .deb off the website, and I installed
virtualbox-ose-dkms and linux-headers-amd64 already. I spoze I could
find some mknod command to make /dev/vboxdrv, but suspect that would
just make things worse.

Any idea how to run this on Wheezy, or how to start narrowing down this
problem I'm having?

Thanks,

SteveT