:: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mozil…
Góra strony
Autor: T.J. Duchene
Dla: dng
Temat: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mozilla products as is

>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2015/msg00031.html

>I think ^THIS is probably the biggest reason not to use Chromium.

>Never mind whether it's affiliated with Google or whether that makes it

untrustworthy.
>If you can't keep it updated for the full lifetime of the release, it could

be written by the most trustworthy vendor on Earth and it still wouldn't
qualify for a good default.

Hi, Isaac!

That seems very strange to me. I see no reason why they cannot backport
patches to the Wheezy version of Chromium. Debian has been doing that since
day one on other packages. Any upstream project could change the build
environment could happen to any project, at any time.

Debian has never demanded that an upstream project stay the same for their
convenience before now. The fact that Debian chose to stop building updates
for that reason shows a lack of commitment to Wheezy. Unless there is
something I don't know about - It's not that they can't use or generate a
patch. They simply won't.

t.j.