:: Re: [Dng] release names
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: william moss
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] release names
On 03/07/2015 11:16 AM, Klaus Hartnegg wrote:
> Am 04.03.2015 um 23:10 schrieb Robert Storey <robert.storey@???>:
>
>> Just want to say that I really like this idea of naming releases after minor planets, such as Ceres. It's a way cool idea.
>
> Cool yes, but useful? Numbers have the huge advantage that everybody knows their order, which is quite important when referring to versions.

My 2 cents worth:
BSD uses numbers; e.g., 4.2.1, 10.0 Release #0
SUN-OS used numbers
The kernel uses number with appending text. For example, my current
Debian Wheezy kernel is 3.4.105-WMM.default

So, for any system that maintains its version Via an RCS like coding, I
would suggest something like
Dng.x.y.z-keyname
where keyname is an indication or purpose. For example, PAE-beta or
PAE-default.