:: Re: [Dng] Devuan Alpha i386 - devel…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: KatolaZ
To: JeremyBekka C
CC: dng
Oggetto: Re: [Dng] Devuan Alpha i386 - developers release series on Vagrant
On Sat, Mar 07, 2015 at 03:59:51AM -0500, JeremyBekka C wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to reply to the following message. I hope I am doing this right.
>
> I have a question about running Vagrant in Gentoo.I am running Debian
> Wheezy on two of my computers, but the one that I want to use to test
> Devaun is running Gentoo. When I go to the website that is linked below the
> only Linux downloads are either rpm or deb files. From what I can tell
> these will not work in Gentoo. If I am not supposed to use the version of
> Vagrant in the package manager, how can I get Vagrant to run in Gentoo?

Hi,

this is a link from Gentoo forums about using rpm/deb packages on Gentoo:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7248236.html

It's actually the very first result given by google on the query
"install a rpm on gentoo".... Anyway, on any distribution you can just
use cpio/ar since rpms/debs are no more than cpio/ar archives with
some sugar around (basically, a few configure/install/uninstall
scripts).

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]