:: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mo…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Stefan Ott
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mozilla products as is
On 03/06/2015 08:06 PM, T.J. Duchene wrote:

> That said, the reason I suggested Chromium as an alternative to
> Firefox is that essentially a better piece of software. It has
> better features, better support for Web standards, and it is more
> actively maintained.

On the other hand, Firefox runs rather well on my machine whereas
Chromium does not. Plus Firefox has the ability to synchronize
bookmarks, settings etc. with your own server while Chromium requires
you to use one of them clouds for that.

And then there is the thing where Debian had to EOL chromium early
because there is no security support and the latest version cannot be
built on Debian stable anymore [1], recommending their users "to
switch to the iceweasel web browser".

Personally I think the last point alone makes Firefox the better
choice for a default browser -- we wouldn't want our users to suddenly
find themselves without security updates...

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2015/msg00031.html

cheers
- --
Stefan Ott