:: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mozil…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: T.J. Duchene
To: dng
Betreff: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mozilla products as is

I'm somewhat confused here. I'm not arguing against anyone expressing
opinions, but what does all this chatter about "big brother" and "I
don't trust Google" accomplish? We were talking about Chromium, not
Chrome. There is a HUGE difference.

If someone has issue with the code, it's open. Go look for yourself. I
beg everyone's kind indulgence and excuse me for saying this, but the
conspiracy theories about Google and the Chromium source code come from
people who have never actually looked at the code. Then again, I bet
they haven't looked at the Firefox code either.

This means that they have really no experience, and no grounds for their
theories - at all.

That said, the reason I suggested Chromium as an alternative to Firefox
is that essentially a better piece of software. It has better features,
better support for Web standards, and it is more actively maintained.

It is no worse than Firefox, except in the respect that a few useful
NPAPI plugins still exist, which Chromium will not support without a
patch. The Linux Flash NPAPI plugin has been shelved and is practically
nonfunctional for streaming video these days, which is really the only
reason that some people cannot live without Flash.

I'm not suggesting that anyone has to use Chromium, only that it makes a
far more sensible choice for a default install.

t.j.