:: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mo…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: miroslav.rovis1
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mozilla products as is
On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 09:41:52PM +0200, Martijn Dekkers wrote:
> **Looks around**
>
> Full moon tonight?

Well, I don't respond in kind. I was derided and attacked earlier in
Debian Fora, but my topics and my tips ended up being read and
followed. And they are in Gentoo Fora.

I'd just point to two kind posts related to my work by golinux which I
mentioned in my first post, and who I greet with respect again, and
which I related to devuan, which, like many of you, I do pin a lot of my
hopes on:

Topic: devuan
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=119155&p=564686#p564686

How to Remove Systemd and Related Packages from Your Debian
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=118197&start=15#p564494

But of most concern to me, is about what I'd like to contribute, which I
believe I'll be able to do, barring my health getting poorer yet and
enmity in my surrounding getting harsher yet...

(the enmity surrounding explained in the previous message, the first
one, also contained below, and seen here:
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20150305.175104.c6924211.en.html
and BTW every single link is live in my message at this time.),

[But my concern is about what I'd like to contribute], just like I
contributed to Debian which has now crippled itself with the
windozing/poetterizing and is now not a place to be...

I still hope someone can try and figure that those thousands of views of
my tips may not be a fruit of what Martijn Dekkers suggests.

And I saw, belatedly, and in bottom of my:

> > Grsecurity/Pax installation on Debian GNU/Linux
> > http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=108616

(the very last post) tip you can read why I wasn't able to follow earlier...

And I saw, belatedly, and read most of it, the few discussions on dbus,
and I only want to say that an opt-out of dbus is needed, and it has
been attainable in Debian, thanks to Thorsten mirabilos Glasier and his work.

It is workable as I demonstated here:

How to Remove Systemd and Related Packages from Your Debian
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=118197&start=15

(and that is a repeated link)...

I count dbus in poetterware-related. You don't have to. I do. Pls. allow
for that option!

My take on it you can have also here:

Updating and keeping your Gentoo non-poeterized
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1012022.html

Just my new sig in bottom, no more new stuff in this message.

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia