:: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mo…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nuno Magalhães
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mozilla products as is
On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 11:14 PM, T.J. Duchene <t.j.duchene@???> wrote:
> If I might offer an alternative suggestion? I'd rather see Devuan default
> to Chromium with NAPI support than use Firefox, period. As for
> Thunderbird, I see no reason to use Mozilla's version. Unless things have
> changed since I last heard, it undermaintained anyway. Mozilla was going to
> sunset the entire project, but outcry stop them. As far as I know, they
> update it with new versions of XUL but do little else.

Please Chromium, not Chrome. It's still resource-intensive, though, as
is Firefox (which i currently use because of its plugins - yes i have
few, not a hundred).
There are alternatives: Midori, Dilo, etc, etc, etc.

As for mail clients, both Thunderbird and Claws chomp a minimum of
500MiB and are sluggish (but i only tested on Windows). Mutt is on my
todo-stack, as is xmonad.

This means that running a browser and a mail client requires over 1GiB
easy, which to me is absurd.

In sum: please, lightweight stuff (in line with XFCE).

My 2¢,
Nuno

--
"On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog."