:: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mo…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Adam Borowski
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mozilla products as is
On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 05:14:26PM -0600, T.J. Duchene wrote:

> If I might offer an alternative suggestion? I'd rather see Devuan
> default to Chromium with NAPI support than use Firefox, period.

Besides issues related to Chromium's poor support for privacy features,
it also has no real security support. There's nothing but "install the
newest and greatest, right now". Unlike Firefox' long-term-support
releases, any version of Chromium becomes unsupported the moment a new one
appears. Even worse, there's no heed that such new version builds on
toolchains which are not likewise "newest and greatest" (such as gcc-4.7).

Please read:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2015/msg00031.html
-- there is no security support for Chromium on any Debian release: support
on wheezy had to be dropped, while there's no jessie yet, and wheezy has
still 1.5 years of primary security support, not to even mention LTS.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets. Instead, contact the nearest temple