著者: Jude Nelson
To: Adam Borowski
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
題目: Re: [Dng] Plan for Devuan to use Mozilla products as is
> Besides issues related to Chromium's poor support for privacy features,
> it also has no real security support.

No comment on the privacy features, but I beg to differ on the security.
The fact that the Linux build of Chromium runs each tab and plugin in its
own seccomp'ed process and runs them all separately from a "kernel" process
puts the browser worlds ahead of Firefox in terms of security. Excluding
project Electrolysis (which I look forward to), the fact that Firefox runs
every tab in the same process means that one bad tab can compromise the
whole browser without too much effort. By contrast, Chromium's
kernel/process-per-tab factoring has led to secure browser designs [1]
where this class of exploit and others are provably impossible.

-Jude

[1] http://goto.ucsd.edu/quark/