:: Re: [Dng] My pinning list is gettin…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Anto
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] My pinning list is getting longer :)
On 04/03/15 04:49, Gravis wrote:
> from: http://php.net/manual/en/install.fpm.php
> FPM (FastCGI Process Manager) is an alternative PHP FastCGI
> implementation with some additional features (mostly) useful for
> heavy-loaded sites.
>
> this actually makes some sense because systemd does do process
> management. regardless, my guess was that it was enabled because
> "everybody is using systemd, so why not?" and i expect it will happen
> even more in the future.
>
> --Gravis

Hello Gravis,

I don't think php5-fpm needs systemd at all for process management. It
has been able to manage it alone before systemd was even born. I think
this is more related to the un-educated assumption (if not stupid) as
you guessed. I also believe this will happen even more in Debian and all
major distros, which makes me really sad as I can not seem to do
anything about it as an ordinary user. I knew C programming language
just enough for me to pass the exam in the university years ago, so I am
not a programmer.

I really wish that I was a programmer after I had disaster issues on my
PC last year, so I could fork Debian myself. What happened was that I
carelessly hit "y" after executing dist-upgrade that made systemd and
its gang screwed up my PC. I have always been using the packages from
Debian testing repository since 2002 and I had never had serious issues
like that. I straight away switched to LMDE on that day as I didn't want
to waste my time rolling back to Debian wheezy. When I heard about
Devuan 2 months ago, I switched back to Debian wheezy then jessie with
limited systemd component as I thought it would be a safer base to move
to Devuan.

Kind regards,

Anto