:: [Dng] My pinning list is getting lo…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Anto
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: [Dng] My pinning list is getting longer :)
Hello Everybody,

I feel like being forced to (indirectly) use libsystemd0 on my VPS just
now.

I pinned my php5 packages to version 5.4.36-0+deb7u1 on wheezy, because
php5-fpm version 5.6.5+dfsg-2 on jessie requires libsystemd0. When I did
dist-upgrade just now, it wanted to upgrade dpkg, dpkg-dev and
libdpkg-perl from version 1.17.23 to 1.17.24. But it also wanted remove
php5-fpm. It turned out that the new version of dpkg breaks php5-fpm (<<
5.6.4+dfsg-3). So I just included those 3 packages into my pinning list,
to see which other packageswill force me again to use anything related
to systemd.

I know that this is the risk of including jessie repository in my
source.list, as it is quite clear that they have made the decision to
support systemd. I guess they will always link any packages into systemd
as much as possible, even if there is a possibility to compile the
package without dependency to anything related to systemd.

Looking at http://php.net/ChangeLog-5.php, they have put the option
"--with-fpm-systemd" starting from version 5.5.0. So I assume that I can
re-compile the php5 source from jessie repository with the option
"--without-fpm-systemd". Did anybody try that before? Or do I have to
use the upstream source to be able to use that option?

Kind regards,

Anto