:: [Dng] [dng] vdev status update
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jude Nelson
À: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: [Dng] [dng] vdev status update
Hey everyone,

Sorry the weekly vdev update is a day late this time. I've been traveling
most of this week, so I haven't had much time to work on it. However, I am
happy to report that:

* Thanks to Isaac Durham, vdev should now create the /dev/by-label symlinks
for disks.
* vdevfs (the filesystem half of vdev) will preserve device nodes across
crashes (NOT YET COMMITTED).
* vdevfs will delegate storage of its API data (i.e. stuff that would
normally have to be pulled from a udevadm-like tool) to tmpfs, mounted at
/dev/vdev by default. This reduces the complexity of the implementation
and increases I/O performance without losing functionality. This closes
issue #15.
* fskit [1], a filesystem library I built for making API filesystems (which
vdevfs uses), has received several bugfixes to remove some deadlock
conditions that occur when using certain combinations of inode consistency
disciplines. Also, some use-after-free bugs have been discovered and
fixed. Both were discovered while testing runfs [2], which just got a
trunc(2) implementation.

It's going to be a busy week for me, but I hope to have at least one day
free this weekend to address vdev issues #8 and #11.

Best,
Jude

[1] https://github.com/jcnelson/fskit
[2] https://github.com/jcnelson/runfs