:: Re: [Dng] Beginning of Devuan Dmenu…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: Dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Beginning of Devuan Dmenu Howto
On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 00:50:04 -0500 (EST)
Peter Olson <peabo@???> wrote:

> > On March 2, 2015 at 12:07 AM Steve Litt <slitt@???>
> > wrote:
> >

> > Hi all,
> >
> > In a previous thread I discussed the usefulness and productivity of
> > using dmenu in parallel with the hierarchical menu. I'm about 1/4
> > done, all of it dmenu general and not specific to Devuan, because I
> > still don't know how Devuan's dmenu package will look.
>
> Does dmenu act without me pressing Enter?

Thank you for pointing out an error in my documentation. I was
confusing dmenu with UMENU. I will quickly fix my documentation.

In fact, dmenu DOES NOT act without your pressing Enter.

My bad.

> I'm wondering what happens
> when I make a typo that happens to match the name of a program I
> never heard of.

Unless you press Enter, nothing happens after the typo, except the
wrong list elements get deleted, and Backspace gets you back to where
you were before the typo.

Thanks for making me aware of my mistake! I use dmenu so subconsciously
that the brain in my head (as opposed to the brain in my hands)
believed that you don't press Enter :-)

SteveT