著者: Hendrik Boom
To: Jaromil
CC: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] No way to use a prepartioned disk?
On Sun, Mar 01, 2015 at 10:44:20PM +0100, Jaromil wrote:

> dear Hendrik,
>
> On Sun, 01 Mar 2015, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>
> > I tried using the valentine installer on a disk that already had three
> > primary partitions and a lot of empty space.
> >
> > I could not get manual partitioning to leave the existing partitions
> > alone and install devuan to secondary partitions in the empty space. The
> > closest I could get was a question whether I'd like it to replace the
> > existing partition table with a new empty one. Of course I answered
> > 'no'. I wanted it to start from the existing partition structure.
> > 'yes' seemed somewhat dangerous.
>

> this may be food for thought for debian-installer "upstream" at Debian.
> We will not fix it further than removing systemd in this phase and the
> limits that you mention are also in Debian I believe.

Interesting. I've used the Debian installer before, I think in the
time of wheezy, and it worked with existing partitions. Could sticking
systemd into it have broken their partitioning? Did they really put
systemd into the installer??

Anyway, someone else reports success installing with existing
partitions, so I guess it's a matter of confusing messages, rather than
missing functionality. But he doesn't seem to remember just exactly
what he did.

Which version of the Debian installer was our valentine based on?

-- hendrik