:: Re: [Dng] us as tech support
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Anto
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] us as tech support
On 01/03/15 18:27, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> This is the right mailing list. There is no other at present.
>
> Gravis expressed surprise at having a tech support request, but
> he *did* answer the question.
>
> I'm happy to have seen the first tech support request here.
>
> It's a milestone.
>
> I just expected it to arrive after the first release. This wasn't even
> called an alpha release yet!
>
> -- hendrik

Thanks a lot Hendrik for your confirmation.

As you might be aware, my questions are mostly about the preparation to
switch from Debian to Devuan on my 2 Xen VPS', hence pre-alpha release
questions.

I am worry that my VPS providers will not provide Xen DomU image of
Devuan in a few months after it is being released. Based on my previous
experience, they provided the Xen DomU image of Debian Wheezy several
months after it was being released. For Devuan, it is very likely to
take longer time, if that would happen at all.

The only way that I see is to switch the repository from Debian to
Devuan. But I am not really sure if that would work, so I am trying to
minimise all possible issues based on my limited knowledge. I really
hope that I will not face the impossibility like switching the
repository from Debian to Ubuntu for instance.

Kind regards,

Anto