:: Re: [Dng] simple backgrounds
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] simple backgrounds
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 06:55:01PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 10:09:50PM +0100, Didier Kryn wrote:
> >

> >     Aren't there wallpapers provided by the DE's, eg. xfce4? In this
> > case, it isn't usefull to provide anything else.
> >     Didier

> And in fact, it would be work to remove them, so leave them be.
>
> Except on my Debian Jessie system the walpaper I get is a blue screen
> with a Debian logo, a few artistic-looking wwhite curved lines, and the
> words "Debian 8".
>
> There's an menu for choosing another background called "xfce-blue.jpg",
> but even when I select it, it doesn't seem to appear on the background.
> (Could systemd be involved here?)
>
> No. it's not important to tell me how to change the background -- I
> don't really care all that much. Eventully it'll all just work on
> Devuan, and I'll wait for that.

Dor copleteness, I *did* manage to change the background --
intermittently. I chose an image that was on my hard disk, used the
xfce coniguration menus to set it to being the background. It now
shows up some of the time when I log in. Other times I just get the
usual bland background.

No, don't waste time here debugging my use of Debian Jessie. There are
more important things I need to do.

-- hendrik