Til: Go Linux
CC: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] pre-alpha live iso
On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 2:31 AM, Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:

> fsmithred over at Refracta created a live iso of the valentine's pre-alpha
> with refractasnapshot. He said I could post a link here for those who want
> to check it out but don't want to install.
>
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/refracta/files/other/

Tested LiveCD unofficial-live-20150227_0355.iso
Booted with Easy2boot on usb stick.

Boots with no discernable problem, root password hacked at third attempt
after trying "root", "debian"

Problems with wireless allthough iwlwifi seemed to be loaded I could not
get wlan0 interface
Have errors in dmessg reagrding this. Missing interface. Problem for later.

Found the old ethernet cable in the closet and got IP

No browser so rebooted and downloaded opera static from my usual linux
which is arch based so I have no prior knowledge to debian.

The link is
http://sourceforge.net/projects/portable/files/Opera%2011.50/download
can be wget'ed

tried my hand at apt-get:
apt-get update # works but seems to ignore a lot of debian repos, probably
a feature, right

apt-get upgrade # Something did happen: mount util-linux upgraded

apt-get install * # where * denotes what I tried like firefox and so on
failed
                         # probably doesn't have repo setup

No problem mounting any media ntfs, FAT32, ext, BTRFS

reboot worked but showed some warning or errors

All in all it seems pretty solid in this pre-alpha state
I have good hopes for the future

Keep up the good work

Best regards

Scooby