著者: Nate Bargmann
To: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] What if systemd infects the kernel?
* On 2015 28 Feb 19:09 -0600, Go Linux wrote:

> Either this is an incredibly stupid question or it's the elephant in
> the room. Why not one response? This inquiring mind would like to
> know.
>
> golinux

Actually, it's a good question and some food for thought. I think the
proper answer right now is that no one knows and "it depends".

No one really knows, outside of the systemd cabal and a few kernel
developers, just how it may fit into the rest of the kernel. Many
features in the kernel are compile time options and my guess is that
kbus would be no different, this is also the "it depends" part.

Note that I haven't configured and built a kernel in a number of
years--most likely the 2.4 days or early 2.6 days at the latest. At
that time it seemed like it was a task for Someone Who Knows What They
Are Doing. I can't imagine that it has gotten any less complex in the
interim.

The question is whether the cabal would demand that kbus not be an
compile time option and require it be in every kernel build. Certainly,
there would seem to be many objections for that to be accepted by
Linus. I may be wrong but I don't see Linus allowing the kernel to
depend on the presence of kdbus internally.

Just my uninformed thoughts.

- Nate