:: Re: [Dng] [OT] Debian problems with…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] [OT] Debian problems with Jesse - was simple backgrounds
On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 15:50:56 -0600
"T.J. Duchene" <t.j.duchene@???> wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-02-27 at 23:38 -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
>

> > Bottom line is this: If you make a modular system with thin
> > interfaces and sane components, somebody will make a block diagram
> > representing it, accurately, in its entirety.

[clip]

> > Let's see the block diagram. Prove systemd doesn't have grave
> > architectural problems.
> >

> You misunderstand me, Steve.
>
> I have no problem with you or anyone else blasting systemd to your
> heart's contentment.

[clip]

> What I am suggesting is that Devuan made the decision to step away
> from Debian over the issue of systemd. My suggestion was that it is
> best to just move on rather link Debian messages back here to restart
> the debate. For all the time and energy put into the discussion, what
> does anyone get out of it anyway?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thaaat's what you're saying. You were right, I certainly misunderstood
you, I thought that you were arguing, on this list, that systemd really
isn't that bad, and I argued against what I thought was your position.
Reading this post, I agree with everything you say above (even the
stuff I clipped).

Yes! Removing systemd is settled law in Devuan land, and as such, it's
kind of silly to revisit pro and anti-systemd arguments on this
particular list.

Makes perfect sense.

SteveT