:: [Dng] What if systemd infects the k…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Go Linux
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: [Dng] What if systemd infects the kernel?
I have been aware of the pending assimilation of systemd into the kernel since Linus dramatically rejected Kay Sievers' code last spring. Recently there has been renewed chatter about the impending doom. But I'm not quite clear how that would affect devuan. Hoping you can help me get a grip on the situation:

Would a systemd-infected kernel bring devuan to its knees?

IOW will devuan require a systemd-free kernel to run properly?

Would the VUAs be able to disinfect the kernel? Or is that something that would have to go through Linus?

Is there any chance that the kernel devs would be willing to maintain two separate kernel versions?

Or will devuan be up a creek if/when that happens?

I'm assuming the VUAs have thought about this - I can't imagine they would they be going through this monumental effort only to be foiled by a systemd kernel - and that there is a solution. Please enlighten me. :)

golinux