:: Re: [Dng] [D OFFLIST ng] Devuan Wee…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Steve Litt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng, hellekin, Go Linux, Jack L. Frost, Hendrik Boom
Aihe: Re: [Dng] [D OFFLIST ng] Devuan Weekly News XI
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 18:05:49 -0300
hellekin <hellekin@???> wrote:

> On 02/27/15 16:16, Ста Деюс wrote:
> >
> > It is swear to me, and can/ be for others.
> >
> *** *I* used "kickass" in the common slang meaning of "very good or
> impressive", or "very effective". As a non-native English speaker as
> well, it didn't occur to me that it was impolite to do so, and
> apparently the people who worked on this issue were not shocked
> either. As was mentioned before, anyone is welcome to participate in
> the editing process of the DWN, so I recommend that you join us on
> Monday so that such offense does not happen again.

OFFLIST

First, to Jack L. Frost: I'm so sorry that somebody made the quoted
context look like you had thrown the hissy-fit instead of Ста Деюс,
when you replied that hellekin hadn't sworn at all. That's negligent at
best, a dirty trick at worst.

Hi all,

I'd suggest we not discuss the meaning or connotation of "kickass"
anymore. The guy who originally had the hissy-fit, Ста Деюс, had been on
the list one whole day (with three basically non-contributory posts)
when he decided to go off on the guy who makes our newsletter, for a
common American idiom comprised of a verb and a noun which is very mild
language, all things considered. Ста Деюс has no credibility: He gets
on a list as a newbie, and starts playing policeman. He likes to hear
himself talk, and he speaks of nothing, even when he's not pitching a
fit. One nice thing about leaving Debian-User is I left most of the
people like Ста Деюс behind.

Five minutes after reading Ста Деюс's hissy fit, I redirected his posts
to /dev/null. His conflict to tech ratio is just too high for me.

And hellekin, thank you for the great newsletters, and don't worry
about little minds like Ста Деюс.

SteveT