:: Re: [Dng] Devuan Weekly News XI
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Go Linux
A: dng, Hendrik Boom
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Devuan Weekly News XI

Subject: Re: [Dng] Devuan Weekly News XI
To: dng@???
Date: Friday, February 27, 2015, 2:12 PM

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 07:22:26PM +0300, Jack L. Frost wrote:
> > Could you please cease «kickass» here -- for people read your news
> > also, but such rudness leaves them nothing but to shrink from your
> > writing. Thanks again for the news though.
>
> “kickass” is not even a swear word.

I think we're seeing cultural differences here. What may not be a
swearword in one community may be in another.

-- hendrik

It's pretty much a given that someone will always be offended by something or other. Certainly there will always be cross-cultural faux pas. But I am not really in favor of censoring speech that is in common use and considered not offensive by most everyone here either. Remember that not long ago this list set a limit on what was acceptable and what was not (and it wasn't 'kickass').