Til: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] Easy forkability
В Mon, 23 Feb 2015 11:56:28 -0500
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> пишет:

> > Well the answer is simple: if such an unlikely "invasion" would
> > happen, we will always have the opportunity to fork Devuan, for the
> > good of its users :)
>
> This suggests that one of the goals of Devuan should be easy
> forkability.
>
> But it's not clear to me what this involves technically.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Are there aspects of the existing structure of Debian that made it
> more difficult to fork?

I think that community also can participate in important discussions,
voting by a lot of real people (not 4 DDs for whole the project) before
important dicidions be made.

So, i see for protection two ways: technical, like minimalism for easy
forking, and community driven development of the project.

Sthu.