:: Re: [Dng] Dng Digest, Vol 5, Issue …
Góra strony
Autor: Ста Деюс
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] Dng Digest, Vol 5, Issue 11
В Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:19:04 +0000
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> пишет:

> > On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Ста Деюс
> > <sthu.deus@???> wrote:
> > > But, at the first, what is planned to perform to protect «Devuan»
> > > from the guys, that got hold of the fantastic project «Debian»?
> > > In other words, if the guys come to «Devuan» and by their cruelty
> > > will start to «help» some of developers to corrupt the project,
> > > do abnormal, unnatural for the project things -- similar like
> > > forcibly set up: how we will protect our project?
> >
> > Very good question.
>
> Well the answer is simple: if such an unlikely "invasion" would
> happen, we will always have the opportunity to fork Devuan, for the
> good of its users :)

Hmm. You see how not easy and not short is the process of creation of a
new distro. To capture distro is very easy as Debian sad experience
shows... and is grievous for its long time users.

Why i stress the point is that our community would ponder on this wise,
and may be, a decision will be thought out for such cases - when
distro is not protected by army (its developers): and be used for other
free distro.s, not only Devuan.

The decision can be encapsulated into the development process so that
easy transfer to another (new) distro will be easy and short, or its
capture will be in vain and therefore may abandoned in the future.

Otherwise we will be going circles - long, hard - just to get what we
had already - and even that is not in long perspective.

> Having said that, I personally think that there is no reason "to
> protect Devuan from the [bad] guys". If we would like to do something
> good for Devuan we should now focus on helping Devuan developers
> making it happen, not defending them from being zombified by
> unspecified members of "The Dark Power(TM)"....

Well. I have said my opinion.

Sthu.