:: Re: [Dng] simple backgrounds
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] simple backgrounds
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 10:09:50PM +0100, Didier Kryn wrote:

> Le 26/02/2015 18:04, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> >>Yes. That would be interesting. But we would need a logo on the
> >>background, wouldn't we? Or are we going to use what ever
> >>backgrounds that are currently available in Debian with Debian logo?
> >I don't need a desktop background design.
> >I'd be completely happy with a blank screen. I might possibly want to
> >tweak the background colour, for visual pleasance behind my windows.
> >Let those who care choose their own pictures and install them.
> >
> >We specifically don't need Debian logos.
> >
> >I don't mind if we do the same for splash screens during booting.
> >Don't really need them. Don't want them if they get in the way of
> >seeing what it's doing while it boots.
> >
> >And don't want Devuan deelopers to waste time on them if it means
> >delaying our release. After a usable release, we'll have time for
> >such matters.
> >
> >-- hendrik
>
>     Aren't there wallpapers provided by the DE's, eg. xfce4? In this
> case, it isn't usefull to provide anything else.
>     Didier

And in fact, it would be work to remove them, so leave them be.

Except on my Debian Jessie system the walpaper I get is a blue screen
with a Debian logo, a few artistic-looking wwhite curved lines, and the
words "Debian 8".

There's an menu for choosing another background called "xfce-blue.jpg",
but even when I select it, it doesn't seem to appear on the background.
(Could systemd be involved here?)

No. it's not important to tell me how to change the background -- I
don't really care all that much. Eventully it'll all just work on
Devuan, and I'll wait for that.

-- hendrik