著者: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
古いトピック: Re: [Dng] Devuan Logo survey
題目: [Dng] simple backgrounds
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 04:05:40PM +0100, Anto wrote:
> On 26/02/15 15:50, hellekin wrote:
> >The logo threads are multiplying: it shows the impatience is growing.
> >What I'd like to see instead is a focus on a real issue we have, which
> >is shipping desktop background designs. This is not a unique item, so
> >people can have the distro shipped with the background they'd like to
> >use. Isn't that more interesting?
>
> Yes. That would be interesting. But we would need a logo on the
> background, wouldn't we? Or are we going to use what ever
> backgrounds that are currently available in Debian with Debian logo?

I don't need a desktop background design.
I'd be completely happy with a blank screen. I might possibly want to
tweak the background colour, for visual pleasance behind my windows.
Let those who care choose their own pictures and install them.

We specifically don't need Debian logos.

I don't mind if we do the same for splash screens during booting.
Don't really need them. Don't want them if they get in the way of
seeing what it's doing while it boots.

And don't want Devuan deelopers to waste time on them if it means
delaying our release. After a usable release, we'll have time for
such matters.

-- hendrik