:: Re: [Dng] three important UI featur…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Jaromil
Dátum:
Címzett: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Tárgy: Re: [Dng] three important UI features
On Tue, 24 Feb 2015, Steve Litt wrote:
> As far as I know, wicd depends on dbus, which is why I'm thinking of
> making a substitute.

As mentioned in a previous thread, we are leaning towards connman

these days one VUA is active patching some details in it and keeping
contact with its upstream developers. Also my tests of connman-ui on
xfce in the pre-alpha iso lead to a well usable substitute of nm-applet

I don't recommend going for a ground-up development of such a component
with the hope of having it included in Devuan 1.0. We do have different
priorities and the choice between wicd and connman is rich enough for
now.

ciao

--
Jaromil, Dyne.org Free Software Foundry (est. 2000)
We are free to share code and we code to share freedom