:: Re: [Dng] KDE systemd lock-in
Top Pagina
Auteur: T.J. Duchene
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] KDE systemd lock-in

> From:    Rob Owens
> To:    dng@???

That's the joy of dependency chains for a binary Linux. Sad, but true.

> So note that without the existence of the 3rd party systemd-shim,
> Many gnome apps do in fact depend on systemd as init.

Rob, when discussing KDE, I was referring to direct dependencies, where the
software links directly to something else.

The fact that there are several, perhaps a handful, of instances where the DE
itself is linked to systemd really wasn't what we were referring to.
Applications are not directly linked to systemd and any third dependencies can
be bypassed by compiling against an equivalent version of the DE's API.

If you want to pursue your definition, that's all right, I can see what you
mean.

Overall, I feel that it is very circumspect and imprecise. The fact that KDE
can be compiled against systemd-login does not mean that the something like
"k3b" is also.