:: Re: [Dng] Important changes in Linu…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: T.J. Duchene
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [Dng] Important changes in Linux 3.20 (4.0?)
On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:26:49 AM dng-request@??? wrote:
>     Re: [Dng] Important changes in Linux 3.20 (4.0?)
> From:    Isaac Dunham
> To:    Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???>
> CC:    dng@???

> > > i'm weary of KDBUS but live patching is something i consider too
> > > dangerous.
> > > --Gravis
> >

> > But why would it have to depend on systemd?
>
> Erm...I'm reading that kdbus was *not* merged.
>
> FWIW, kdbus was specifically mentioned when Linus blacklisted Kay Sievers.
> V3 seems to have gotten a lot of "This needs a *lot* more documentation".
>
> Thanks,
> Isaac Dunham

Thank you so much for posting that, Isaac. The information is *greatly*
appreciated. I've been watching kdbus from afar with considerable concern, do
to the fact that Kay Sievers is involved. I have no feelings toward Kay, but
his reputation with kernel code leaves something to be desired.