:: Re: [Dng] KDE systemd lock-in
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Noel Torres
A: dng@lists.dyne.org
Asunto: Re: [Dng] KDE systemd lock-in
On Monday, 23 de February de 2015 23:39:19 Jude Nelson escribió:
> > Why not? If I were a developer and I had a library or service doing part
>
> of my
>
> > work, I would link to it and delete duplicated code on my side.
>
> If logind could be run fully independently from systemd, I don't think
> there would be as much of a controversy.

Not logind, but its inteface can (and that's what LoginKit is about).

> This is why I don't really buy the explanation that "we don't depend on
> systemd; we just depend on something that implements systemd's interface"
> as an excuse for depending on systemd. That's like Microsoft saying
> "Silly Linux users, MS Word doesn't depend on Windows, it just depends on
> something that implements the Win32 API and DirectX." While technically
> true, it hides the fact that the degree to which they depend on the API is
> so large that the "something that implements the API" must effectively be
> re-implementation of the very thing we were trying to avoid using in the
> first place.

Please note that I'm not defending systemd. I just explai why KDE movement is
logical.

er Envite
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

OpenPGP key: 1586 50C8 7DBF B050 DE62 EA12 70B4 00F3 EEC7 C372

Spiral galaxies always have at least TWO arms.