:: Re: [Dng] three important UI featur…
Página Inicial
Autor: Jaromil
Para: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Assunto: Re: [Dng] three important UI features

dear Steve,

you seem to be very knowledgeable on the matter and I like your
suggestions, I think especially dmenu is particularly useful for us.

I don't think we can commit to have a perfectly usable desktop in Devuan
1.0, because the backend and infrastructure work is already a lot.
However we should make sure that, if its a matter of little details,
first time desktop users have the best experience possible.

would you mind to be in charge of guiding the desktop usability efforts
in Devuan, keeping in mind we should keep the workload very low on this
at least until the 1.0 release. It can be very useful to have you and
anyone else who like to join to test the alpha and beta releases from
the side of desktop usability and make a recommendation document that we
can follow as developers, on what to fix and include to make the
experience optimal.

If you agree then I'll open up a group on our gitlab and give you
ownership so you can create subprojects and what I guess is most
important now collect all these observations and good suggestions on its
wiki.

ciao