:: Re: [Dng] vdev status update
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jude Nelson
A: Isaac Dunham
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] vdev status update
Hi Isaac,

> I had just been wondering how to set up /dev/disk/by-id;
> I have a helper for mdev that will set up /dev/disk/by-uuid/ and
> /dev/disk/by-label/ symlinks (by parsing the output of 'blkid'):
> https://github.com/idunham/mdev/blob/master/helpers/disk_link.sh
> It's released into the public domain via the unlicense.

Thanks! This is exactly the information I was going to have to go hunt
down for next week.

> /dev/xconsole is not something I have on my main (udev-based) partition -
> I think it's the result of running xconsole?

I think rsyslog creates it, after a bit of googling. Same with /dev/log.

Thanks for the insights on setting up temporary filesystem mounts. I've
always thought it odd that these mounts aren't included in /etc/fstab. I
guess it has to do with the fact that the mount scripts try to calculate
the tmpfs size based on the amount of RAM available? It makes me think it
would be simpler to just regenerate the mount options in /etc/fstab if the
amount of RAM was detected to have changed (and even then, only at the
admin's request--perhaps as a special comment in the file that indicates as
such).

Thanks,
Jude