著者: Jude Nelson
To: Steve Litt
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
題目: Re: [Dng] GDM switched to wayland by default
Not according to their documentation:
* the weston launcher program (weston-launch) needs extra privileges to
issue the KMS ioctl()s. It can do so via systemd, or you can make
weston-launch setuid root.
* weston can use systemd to find the directory in which to put its control
socket, or you can set the environment variable $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR in your
shell before running it.

Source: http://wayland.freedesktop.org/building.html

I still need to figure out whether or not it needs runtime linkage against
systemd infrastructure, however. Fortunately, the Wayland developers
standardized the wayland protocol separately from the implementation, so at
worst we can fork weston or write our own compositor if systemd integration
becomes too troublesome to work around.

-Jude